Academic awards and distinctions
- Convener, Time Table Committee, Dyal Singh College for 2012-2013. Responsible for preparing time table for the college,
for all departments and all courses. For ~ 2500 periods, ~220 faculty members. Time Table
- Academic Secretary (Administration) Institute of Life Long Learning, University of Delhi
(Sep. 2010 to April 2011). Responsibile for monitoring of e-content development
and generation of monthly/quarterly status report
- Fellow in Computer Science, Institute of Life Long Learning, University of Delhi
(April 2010 to April 2011). Responsible for development of e-content (e-lesson, e-quiz, e-lecture)
- Co-coordinator for launch and development of e-class, Institute of Life Long Learning,
University of Delhi, in 2010. E-class allows creation of teacher and student group for interaction
between a teacher and students of a class for the purposes of assignments, tests, quizzes etc.
- Head of Department of Computer Science, Dyal Singh College, for more than 15 years.
Responsible for the overall working of department like academics, equipment purchase, library purchases and cultural activities.
- Coordinator, Practical Examinations for all courses, Nov. 2011, Dyal Singh College.
- Course convener for Refresher course in Computer Science held in Nov-Dec 2009,
conducted by CPDHE, Delhi University.
Responsible for organizing refresher course for 3 weeks in Computer Science, attended by teachers of any Central University in India.
Member of Academic Bodies and Committees
- Member, Board of Research Studies for Humanities, Delhi University, 2006-2010.
- Member, Departmental Research Committee, Department of Computer Science, University of Delhi, 2006-2010.
- On Panel of Examiners, GGSIP University, Delhi, till date.
- On Panel of Observer for Evaluation Centres at GGSIP University, Delhi
- Life Member, Computer Society of India.
- Member, World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology Journal.
- Member, Advisory Committee, 2nd National Conference, ETCSIT 2009.
- Member, Standing Committee for monitoring policies of Govt.of India, SC/ST, Nov.90.
Literary, Cultural and other Activities
- Coach for Life Program - Part 1, Part II by Peter Reding, ICF Accredited, USA, Sep 2011 to Dec 2011.
- Self-development and life skills course - Level I and II by Landmark Organization.
- Read books related to self-development by authors like - Brian Weiss, Deepak Chopra, Robin Sharma, Rhonda Byrne, Edward De Bono, Stephen R.Covey, Thomas Friedman.
- Read magazines - Harvard Business Review, Economist, CSI Communication, Communications of ACM.
- Good presentation skills. Presented papers in International conferences.
Received good comments and applause for presentation style, power point slides and colour coding scheme in power point slides.
- Sincere, self-disciplined, loyal and hard working.
Path Not Travelled
[Last Updated - March 2013]
- Associate Professor in Comp. Sc. & Eng. at GGSIP University (main campus), July 2007.
- Lecturer in Computer Science (Permanent) at IGNOU, Nov. 1989.
- Asst. System Analyst at National Industrial Development Corporation Ltd. (NIDC), July 1988.
- Campus Placement at IDM, Delhi, 1988.
- MSc (Electronics) at South Campus, University of Delhi, 1985.
- MSc (Physics) at IIT Delhi, 1985.