Department of Library and Information Science, University of Delhi.
Residence F-507, Rashmi Apartments, Harsh Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi-110034, India
Contact No's.: 011-27019146; 011-47027419; Mobile 9810708319(M)
02. Career Profile
05. Subjects Taught
16. Other Activities
1. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Library and Information Science from University of Delhi, Delhi (1994).
3. Master of Library and Information Science (MLISc) from University of Delhi, Delhi (1976).
4. Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLISc) from University of Delhi, Delhi (1975).
1. Information Sources and Services,
2. Information Science,
3. Research & Technical Libraries,
4. Research Methods.
1. B L I Sc:
i. First Semester: Project work in LIS- (a) Literature Survey, (b) Field Survey
ii. Second Semester: Internship Training Program-Report on Training Activities.
2. M L I Sc:
i. First Semester: Research Methodology & Statistical Methods;
ii. Second Semester: i. Research & Technical Library & Information System;
iii. Project Report
3. M. Phil:
i. First Semester: Research Methods
ii. Second Semester: Dissertation Work
1. Datta, Nandini. Changing ethos of librarianship in new environment: A study of selected special libraries in Delhi.
2. Sinha, Abhijeet. Collaborative approach towards E-resources from acquisition to use: A study.
4. Paul, Shampa. Digitization and open access initiatives: A study of selected special libraries in National Capital Region.
5. Taneja, K. K. 2007. Human resource development of professional staff in science and technology libraries in Delhi.
6. Sharma, Arun Kumar. 2004. Designing of thesauro-facet in Soil Science.
7. Asraf, Tariq. 2003. Acquisition of documents in special libraries in India and publishing trade: A study of problems and linkages.
8. Dhaka, S. S. 2001. Information gathering habits of economists and political scientists in University of Delhi, JMI, BHU, and AMU: A comparative Study.
1. Zia, Tasneem. Use of e journals by faculty members and research scholars in area studies in University of Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru University and Jamia Millia Islamia.
2. Anand, Puja. Integration of library services with online mode of higher education in India: A study.
M. Phil Awarded
1. Ch Peidu. 2014. Trends in Library and Information Science Research in Selected Universities of North India: A Study.
2. Shabana Parveen. 2013. Web-resource by the Research Scholars in Central Science Library, University of Delhi: A Study.
3. Meenakshi. 2012. Academic contribution of LIS faculty (University of Delhi) after Dr. S. R. Ranganathan: A Study.
4. Shabana. 2012. Analysis of Websites of the IIT Libraries in India: A Study.
5. Sneh Verma. 2012. Designing of Subject Gateway in Fashion Technology.
6. Om Prakash. 2011. Institutional repositories: An analytical study of selected university libraries in Delhi and Punjab.
7. Neha. 2011. Information literacy programs in promoting R & D activities in the changing environment: A study in the libraries of Jamia Milia Islamia University, Jawaharlal Nehru University and University of Delhi.
8. Himani. 2010. Marketing of products and services in selected libraries of Chandigarh region: A study.
9. Surabhi. 2010. Use of electronic resources in medical libraries in Chandigarh Region: A study.
10. Amarnath, Kumar. 2009. Knowledge management in corporate sector: A study of selected IT company libraries in National Capital Region (NCR).
11. Pinki. 2009. Staff skill development in the changing environment: Practices and policies adopted in selected special libraries in Delhi.
12. K M, Shibu. 2008. Open source movement in India with special reference to digital library software.
13. Jain, Garima. 2006. Digitization of documents in selected special libraries of Delhi.
14. Sheela Devi. 2006. Growth and development of periodicals in Geography since Independence.
15. Sushma Rani. 2005. Information seeking behaviour of faculty members and research scholars in the faculty of management studies, University of Delhi and IMSAR, MD University, Rohtak: A comparative study.
16. Gaur, Karnika. 2003. Evaluation of library application software used in selected special libraries of Delhi.
17. Kumar, Sanjay. 2003. Total quality management in college libraries in North Campus of University of Delhi.
18. Dang, Manjula. 1998. A critical study of growth and development of Indian medical periodicals since Independence.
19. Kumar, Arun. 1996. A study of central science library, Delhi University Library System.
Guided and supervised Project Report work (Paper XII) of MLISc students since 1987. So far, 80 students have completed their Project Reports under my supervision.
Books / Monographs (Authored / Edited)
1. Singh, S. P. Doctoral research in Library and Information Science in India: Trends and Issues. New Delhi: Synergy Books India, 2014.
2. Singh, S. P. co-ed. 2009. Report on pre-conference and conference sessions of ICIKM-2008. Kathmandu: HealthNet Nepal.
3. Singh, S. P. and Krishan Kumar. 2005. Special libraries in the electronic environment. New Delhi: Bookwell.
4. Singh, S. P. co-ed. 2005. Digital Information resources and networks in India. New Delhi: UBSPD Pvt Ltd.
5. Singh, S. P. 2002. Social science research methods: A manual for designing questionnaires. New Delhi: Kanishka Publishers.
International Journals (Refereed / Peer Reviewed Journals)
1. Paul, Shampa and Singh, Shashi P. 2014. An Evaluative Study of Digitization and Open Access Initiatives, The Electronic Library, 32 (2).
2. Singh, S P. 2009. Catalytic role of information literacy in educational change: A case study of University of Delhi. Library Management. 30(3):163-175.
3. Singh, S P. 2007. What are we managing, knowledge or information? Vine. 37 (2) (June):169-179.
4. Singh, S P. 2006. Special Libraries in India: Some current trends. Library Review. 55(8) (October): 520-30.
5. Singh, S P. 2005. Technology and emerging information society in India: Issues and trends. The Electronic Library. 23(6): 678-690.
6. Singh, S P. 2004. Collection management in the electronic environment. The Bottom Line: Managing Library Finances. 17(2):55-60.
7. Singh, S P. 2003. Library and information science education in India: Issues and trends. Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science. 8 (2):1-18.
8. Singh, S P. 2001. Computer applications in Indian Institute of Technology libraries. The Electronic Library. 19(2):92-101.
9. Singh, S P. 1995. World Encyclopedia of Library and Information Services. Ed 3. 1993. Education for Information. 13 (1):79-80.
National Journals (Refereed / Peer Reviewed Journals)
1. Singh, Shashi Prabha. 2013. Libraries on the Cloud: A new wave of Technology. Library Herald. 51 (3); September; 189-198.
2. Singh, S P and Amar Nath Kumar. 2012. Role of LIS professionals in knowledge management: A study in Indian corporate sector. IASLIC Bulletin. 57 (2); June; 67-73.
3. Singh, S P and Veralaksmi, R S R. 2012. Cloud computing: A promising economic model for library and information centers. DESIDOC Journal of Library &Information Technology. 32 (6); 526-32.
4. Veralaksmi, R S R and Singh, S. P. 2011. Performance measurement of special libraries: Need for guidelines. IASLIC Bulletin.
5. Singh, S P. 2010. Digital Libraries: Some Vexing Issues. IASLIC Bulletin. IASLIC Bulletin. 55 (2): 67-74.
6. Singh, S P. 2005. Role of public libraries in electronic environment. Library Herald. 43 (1):51-59.
7. Sharma, Arun Kumar and Singh, S P. (2005). Reading Habits of Faculty Members in Natural Science: A case study of University of Delhi. Annals of Library and Information Studies. 52(4), 2005. p. 19-23.
8. Sharma, Arun, Gautam, J N and Singh, S P. (2004). The thesaurofacet: An experiment with Soil Science. Library Herald. 42 (3):179-92.
9. Singh, S P. 2003. Evaluation of electronic reference sources. Desidoc Bulletin of Info Technology. 23 (2); 43-47.
10. Singh, S P. 1999. Readers services in IIT Libraries (India): A comparative Study. Library Herald. 37(3): 167-85.
11. Singh, S P. 1999. IIT Library (Kanpur): Users assessment of its collection and reader services. Annals of Library Science and Documentation. 46(4); 139-56.
12. Singh, S P. 1999. Collection Development & Readers Services at IIT Library, (Kharagpur): Users Assessment. IASLIC Bulletin. 44(3); 97-110.
13. Singh, S P. 1997/98. Survey of IIT library, Delhi. Library Herald. 35 (3/4):79-114.
International Conferences / Seminars (Refereed / Peer Reviewed Conferences)
1. Pinki and Singh, S P. 2010. Semantic Web technologies for digital libraries. In International Conference on Digital Libraries (ICDL-2010), 23-26 Feb, TERI, New Delhi. Pp. 871-880.
2. Singh, S P and Pinki. 2009. New skill requirements for LIS professionals in technology-intensive environment. In International Conference of Academic Libraries (2008), held at University of Delhi, 3-5 October. Pp. 331-336. New Delhi: Mittal Publications.
3. Singh, S P and Pinki. 2008. Skill requirements for LIS professionals in electronic environment. In International Conference of Asian Special Libraries (ICoASL 2008) on shaping the future of special libraries: beyond boundaries, held at India Islamic Cultural Center, 26-27 Nov, 2008. New Delhi. Pp. 393-404.
4. Singh, S P. 2008. Digitization of libraries: Some Indian initiatives. In International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management, (ICIKM-2008), March 26-30, 2008, Nepal, 118-26. Kathmandu: IFLA/ALP & INSAP, U K.
5. Singh, S P. 2005. Emergence of information society and the impact of technology on Indian Community. In International Conference on Management in a Knowledge Society (ICIM 2005), held at Mumbai, 21-25 February, 2005. V1, pp.16-30. New Delhi: Allied Publisher Pvt Ltd.
6. Sharma, Arun Kumar and Singh, S P. (2005). Digital libraries planning and designing A case study of Indian Soil Science Institute. In International conference on management in knowledge society (ICIM 2005), held at Mumbai, 21-25 February, 2005. V2, pp. 936-48. New Delhi: Allied Publisher Pvt Ltd.
7. Singh, S P. 2004. Quality approach to the evaluation of digital libraries. In International Conference on Digital Libraries, 2004, held at The Energy Research Institute, Feb 24-27.
8. Sardana, J L and Singh, S P. 1992. Curriculum development in Library and Information Science with particular reference to Information Technology. In Indo- US Conference of Library and Information Science professionals held at YMCA, Delhi, August 27-28.
Research papers published in Academic Journals other than Refereed / Peer Reviewed Journals
1. Singh, S P. 2004. Style of bibliographical citations. Journal of Library & Information Science. 29 (1& 2): 95-108.
2. Krishan Kumar and Singh, S P. 2000. From information society to knowledge based society. Journal of Library & Information Science. 25(2):103-111.
3. Singh, S P. 2000. Internet and the role of libraries. Journal of Library & Information Science. 25(1):26-37.
4. Krishan Kumar and Singh, S P. 1998. Dewey Decimal Classification (Ed 21): A review. Journal of Library & Information Science. 23 (2):119-29.
5. Singh, S P. 1997. Optical storage media: A viable alternative to online searching. Journal of Library and Information Science. 22 (1/2):16-28.
6. Singh, S P. 1995. Survey of IIT library, Madras. Journal of Library and Information Science. 20 (1-2):1-33.
7. Singh, S P. 1994. Evaluation of collection and services provided by IIT libraries: Users point of view. Journal of Library and Information Science. 19(1):1-18.
Research papers published in Conferences / Seminar other than Refereed / Peer Reviewed
1. Varalakshmi, R.S.R. and Singh, S. P. 2011. Reflections of Emerging Trends on Specialization of LIS Education: In An Indian Perspective. In IASLIC 28th All India Conference, October 10-13, 2011, University of Kashmir, Srinagar.
2. Singh, S P and Paul, Shampa. 2008. Digitization initiatives in Indian libraries. In National Conference on Digitization & Digital Preservation, December 11-12, 2008, New Delhi, 14-22. New Delhi: DESIDOC.
3. Singh, S P. 2008. Digitization of libraries: Some issues and considerations. In ICSSR Sponsored Seminar on Trends and Strategic Issues for Libraries in Global Information Society, March 8-19, 2008, Chandigarh, 35-39. Patiala: Twenty-First Century Publications.
4. Singh, S P and Jain, Garima. 2006. Digital libraries: Opportunities and Challenges In National Seminar on Digital Libraries, December, 6-7, 2006, Kashmir, 44-53. Kashmir: Department of Library & Information Science, Kashmir University.
5. Gupta, Sangeeta and Singh, S P. 2005. Future competencies for LIS professionals in the 21st century. In XXII IATLIS National Conference, December, 24-26, 2005, Trichirapalli, Pp.121-128. Hyderabad : IATLIS
6. Gupta, Sangeeta and Singh, S P. 2005. Role of LIS professionals in the advancement of information literacy. In SIS 2005: Delivery of Information Services through Distributed Digital Environment, January, 27-29, 2005, Vishakapatnam, 673-80. Vishakhapatnam: Department of Library & Information Science, Andhra University.
7. Singh, S P. 2003. Are we really ready to face new challenges? In IASLIC XXIV All India Conference, December, 15-18, 2003, Dehradun, 449-56. Kolkata: Indian Association of Special Libraries & Information Centres.
8. Singh, S P. 2003. Role of digital libraries in teaching and learning. In SIS 2003: New Challenges in Information Management and E-learning in the age of Globalisation: Issues and Opportunities, April 13-16, 2003, Roorkee, 85-92. Roorkee: Central Library, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
9. Krishan Kumar and Singh, S P. 1998. Short-term course on modern technologies for reference librarian: A proposal. In National Seminar on Need Based and Innovative Programme for Education and Training of LIS Personnel, March 27-28, 1998, Department of Library & Information Science, Delhi (Unpublished).
10. Singh, S P. 1995. Curriculum development and medical librarianship. In Medical Library Association of India Symposium, February 16, 1995, New Delhi, 47-57. New Delhi: Medical Library Association.
1. Singh, S P. 2007. Review of Public library system in J & K state by Dr Sangeeta Gupta & Dr. Gurdev Singh. Journal of Library and Information Science. 32 (2): December 2008.
2. Singh, S P. 2005. Review of advanced cataloguing practice by Krishan Kumar and B S Garg. Herald of Library Science. 44 (1/2):2005.
3. Singh, S P. 2001. Review of libraries and librarianship in India by Jashu Patel and Krishan Kumar. 2001. Journal of Library and Information Science. 26 (1) (June): 89-92.
4. Singh, S P. 2000. Review of research methods in library and information science by Krishan Kumar. Herald of Library Science. 39, (3-4): 246-48.
5. Singh, S P. 1998. Review of fundamentals of information science by P S G Kumar. Journal of Library and Information Science. 23(1) (June): 74-75.
6. Singh, S P. 1991. Review of Ranganathan, Dewey and C V Raman: A study in the arrogance of intellectual powers by Girja Kumar. Journal of Library and Information Science. 16 (2) (Dec):199-201.
Contributions in Edited Works
1. Paul, Shampa and Singh, Shashi P. 2013. ICT in Libraries: Prospects and Challenges. In: Tariq Ashraf, Jaideep Sharma and Puja Anand Gulati (Eds.) Design, Development, and Management of Resources for Digital Library Services, Hershey: Information Science Reference. pp. 342-358.
2. Singh, S P and Tariq, Ashraf. 2009. A few cases of RTI act and social empowerment in India. 2 V. In Library & Information Science in Digital Age: Festscrift Volume of Prof M P Satija, ed. Jagtar Singh, I V Malhan and Trashin Jeet Kaur. 881- 898. New Delhi: Ess Ess Publications.
3. Singh, S P and Tariq, Ashraf. 2008. Building print collection-issues and problems: An Indian Perspectives. In Challenges for South Asian resources and information services, ed. Dr R Chilana. New Delhi: Concept Publishing Company.
4. Singh, S P. 2007. Challenges for LIS professionals in information or knowledge-based society. In Library & Information Science Profession in Knowledge Society. Festscrift of Prof Karisiddappa, ed. MM Koganuramath and others. 361-66. New Delhi: Allied Publishers.
5. Singh, S P and Jain, Garima. 2005. Digitization of documents: Processes and initiatives. In Digital information resources and networks on India studies: Essays in honour of Professor Jaginder Singh Ramdevs 75th birthday, ed. Chilana, Rajwant, 96-101. New Delhi: UBS Publishers.
6. Singh, S P. 2004. Role of information professionals in information or knowledge-based society. In V.1 Library and information science in India: Reflections and redemptions, Festschrift in honour of Dr P S G Kumar, ed. C P Vashishth, C P and M P Satija, 135-43. New Delhi: B R Publications.
7. Singh, S P. 2003. Marketing of information products and services. In Information Resources in Social Sciences: in Products and Service. Pp 144-53. Chandigarh: Arun Publishing House (P) Ltd.
8. Singh, S P. 2002. CD-ROM databases: A viable alternative to online searching. In V.2 Library and Information Studies in retrospect and prospect: Essays in honour of Professor D R Kalia, ed. J L Sardana, 652-664. New Delhi: Concept Publishing Co.
9. Singh, S P. 2001. Encyclopedia in transition: A journey from paper to paperless. In V.1 Information management sources and other studies: Essays in the honor of Prof. K Navlani, ed. Ashu Shokeen and others, 222-31. New Delhi: Ess Ess Publications.
10. Singh, S P. 1999. Trends in Information technology and its impact on dissemination of information. In Library and Information services: Festschrift for Ms Anand K Anand, ed. K Navalani and Sudha Trikha, 107-18. Jaipur: Rawat Publications.
11. Singh, S P. 1985. Role of the subscription agents in serial collection building in University Libraries: A case study. In Building library collection and national policy for library and information services, ed. P B Mangla, 430-38. Delhi: Indian Library Association.
12. Singh, S P. 1983. Developments in documentation services in science and technology in India: Some suggestions. In Fifty years of Librarianship in India, past, present and future, ed. P B Mangla and others, 187-200. Delhi, Indian Library Association.
National Newspapers and Magazines
1. Singh, S P. 2003. Library Science as a profession. Womens Era. August (Second).
2. Singh, S P. 2000. Fall in love with books. Hindustan Times: Enhance, July 6
3. Singh, S P. 2002. Hooked on books. Education: The complete career magazine, June 2.
CONFERENCE ORGANIZATION/ PRESENTATIONS (IN THE LAST THREE YEARS)
Organization of Conferences / Refresher Courses / Training Programs
1. As a Seminar Director, Organized a National Conference on Managing Libraries in new Information Environment, during 7-8 January, 2011 organized by Asia Pacific Institute of Management, Jasola, New Delhi.
2. As a Seminar Director, Organized a National Seminar on Ranganathans Vision of Academic Libraries on 12th August, 2010 in the Department of Library & Information Science, University of Delhi.
3. As a Seminar Director, Organized a National Seminar on Relevance of Ranganathans Philosophy in Present Era on 6th August, 2009 in the Department of Library & Information Science, University of Delhi.
4. As a Course Coordinator, Organized an International Project Training Program of 2 months for upgrading the skills among the LIS professionals from Kabul. This was organized in the Department of Library & Information Science during 22nd Dec- 2008 to 3rd March 2009.
5. As a Course Coordinator, a 3-week UGC sponsored Refresher Course in Library and Information Science was organized during 5- 26th Feb, 2003 at the Centre for Professional Development in Higher Education, University of Delhi.
6. Organized a training program on Computer Application in Libraries for school and college librarians from Delhi during 13th-17th May 2001.
Participation in Conferences / Seminars / Workshops
1. International Conference of Asian Special Libraries (ICoSL 2011) on Leadership, Ethics, Accountability and Professionalism in Library Services, held at Institute of Economic Growth, University of Delhi, 16-17 March 2012. Invited as a Chairperson.
2. National Seminar on Innovative Challenges in Information Services: Changing Paradigm for Sustenance of Library and Information Centers in Digital Era, Jammu University, 1-2 March 2012. Invited as a Chairperson.
3. Workshop on Leveraging Technology for Library Security: Issues and Opportunities held at South Campus Library, 10th June, 2011. Invited as a Chief Guest.
4. Workshop on Information Literacy and Competency organised by Delhi University Library System, 29th June, 2011. Invited as a Chief Guest.
5. International Conference on the Convergence of Libraries, Archives and Museums: User Empowerment through Digital
6. Technologies held at India International Center, 15-17 February, 2011. Invited as a Chairperson.
7. International Conference of Association of Writers and Illustrators (AWIC) for Children, the Indian Section of International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) on Children Libraries: Building a book culture held at India International Center, 4-6 February, 2010. Invited as a Chairperson.
8. Knowledge Management in Globalized Era, 21-23 April, 2010, held at NASC Complex, Pusa, New Delhi, India. Invited as a Chairperson.
9. IFLA International Newspaper Conference on Digital Preservation and Access to News and Views, 25-28 Feb, 2010, held at IGNCA, New Delhi, India. Invited as a Chairperson.
10. International Conference on Digital Libraries (ICDL-2010), 23-26 Feb, held at TERI, New Delhi, India. Invited as a Chairperson.
11. International Conference on Children Libraries 2010: Building a Book Culture, 4th -6th Feb 2010, held at New Delhi, India. Invited as a Chairperson.
12. As a Seminar Director, Organized a National Seminar on Relevance of Ranganathans Philosophy in Present Era on 6th August, 2009 in the Department of Library & Information Science, University of Delhi.
13. International Conference of Asian Special Libraries (ICoASL 2008) on shaping the future of special libraries: Beyond boundaries, held at India Islamic Cultural Centre. Invited as a Chairperson.
14. International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management-2008 (ICIKM-2008), held at Nepal 26-30 March 2008. Acted as Chairperson for two Technical Sessions.
15. Libraries on the Agenda: International Seminar on Library Advocacy, jointly organized by French Embassy, British Council and Instituto Cervantes, held at Max Mueller Bhavan, New Delhi, March 13-14th, 2008. Invited Participant
16. One day seminar on IT Applications in Special Libraries. Organized by Special Libraries Association Asian Chapter held at Indira Gandhi National Center for Arts (IGNCA), on December 9th, 2005. Invited as a speaker.
17. International Conference on Information Management in a Knowledge Society (ICIM 2005) held at Mumbai, February 21-24, 2005.
18. International Summit on Localization. Organized by Manufactures Association for Information Technology and Ministry of Communication and Information Technology, Government of India, December 8-10, 2004.
19. International Conference on Digital Libraries (ICDL 2004), held at Tata Energy Research Institute, February 24-27, 2004.
20. Post Conference Seminar on Library and Information Science Education in Asia (LISEA) (6th International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries). Organized by Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technical, University of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. December, 2003
21. Twentieth All Nepal Medical Conference on Doctors for Community in the Third Millennium. Tribhuvan University, Nepal, 28th February -3rd March, 2001.
22. Seminar on Training of Library and Information Service Professionals in India and Germany (2000). Max Mueller Bhavan, New Delhi, December 11-13, 2000.
23. 49th Conference and Congress on Towards the New Information Society of Tomorrow: Innovations, Challenges and Impact held at New Delhi, October 15-17, 1998.
24. Indo-US Conference of Library and Information Science professionals (Pre-IFLA Conference). YMCA, Delhi, August 27-28, 1992.
25. ICSSR Sponsored Seminar on Trends and Strategic Issues for Libraries in Global Information Society organized by DLIS, Panjab University, Chandigarh, March 18-19, 2008. (Invited to act as a Chairperson for Technical Session IV).
26. XXVI All India IASLIC Conference-2007 organized by Jamia Millia Islamia Library, 26-29 December, 2007. (Invited to act as a Chairperson for one Technical Session).
27. Workshop on Care and Maintenance of Library Materials, organized by National museum Institute, Delhi, 26th September 2007. Invited as a speaker.
28. One Day Seminar on Benchmarking and Best Practices in Special Libraries, organized by SLA-Asian Chapter on 2nd February, 2007 at IIPA, New Delhi.
29. XII National IASLIC Seminar on Open Source Movement: Asian Perspectives, organized by IASLIC & Special Interest Group at IIT Roorkee, December 13-16, 2006. Chaired one Technical Session.
30. XXIII IATLIS National Conference on Building Curriculum with Difference: A Vision for LIS Education in the 21st Century, organized by Punjabi University Patiala, 23-25 December, 2006. Chaired one Technical Session.
31. Workshop on E-resources and Bibliographical Citations, organized by Delhi University Library System, sponsored by National Social Science Documentation Centre, Delhi, 20thDecember 2006.
32. Panel Discussion on Strengthening Children Library Movement: Role of Publishers, NGOs, School Librarian. Organized by Federation of Indian Publishers (FIP) & Association of Writers and Illustrators (AWIC), 20th September, 2006 at Pragati Maidan. Chairperson for the Panel Discussion.
33. National Workshop on Growth and Development of Literature in Social Sciences organized by Institute of Economic Growth (University of Delhi) and National Social Science Documentation Centre, Delhi, January 24th, 2006.
34. Conference on ICT for Facilitating Digital Learning Environment, organized by DRTC (Documentation Research and Training Centre), Bangalore, January 11th-13th, 2005. Chaired one Technical Session.
35. National Seminar on Access to Scholarly Electronic Journals/ Databases under UGC-Infonet organized by University of Delhi, December 14-15th, 2004.
36. Twentieth IATLIS National Conference on Globalization of LIS Education organized by University of Madras, Chennai, November 21-23, 2003. Acted as Panelist for one Technical Session.
37. Digitization of Government Information Resources organized by Central Secretariat Library at National Museum Library, September 22-23, 2003.
38. Workshop on School Library: A channel for communication. Organized by the Centre for Science Education and Communication (CSEC) on March 30th 2003 at the Central Institute of Education, University of Delhi. Chaired one Technical Session and acted as Panelist in another.
39. Regional Seminar on Information Products and Services in Social Sciences held at the Department of Library & Information Science, Panjab University, Chandigarh, March 13-14, 2003. (Invited to act as a Chairperson for Technical Session IV).
40. Twentieth IASLIC National Seminar on Digital Information Systems and Services at Punjabi University, Patiala, December 27th-30th, 2002. Chaired one Technical Session.
41. National Seminar on Information Technology and Challenges of Sustainable Development organized by British Council, Delhi, December 13th, 2002.
42. One day seminar on Automation in college Libraries: Experiences and problems, held at Miranda House, University of Delhi, September 7th, 2002. Acted as one of the Panelists.
43. Enhance Library Information Service through OCLCs Global Cooperation, organized by IIT, Delhi, March 11th, 2002.
44. Outreach Library Services for Distance Learner, organized by Asian Association of Open University (Pre-conference) at Delhi, February 20th, 2002.
45. Eighteenth IATLIS National Seminar on Changing Dimensions of LIS Education at Andhra University, Vishakhapatnam, October 12th -14th, 2001. Chaired one Technical Session.
46. CALIBER 2000, the Seventh National Convention of INFLIBNET on Information Services in Networked Environment in India organized by University of Madras, Chennai, February 16th -18th, 2000.
47. DRTC Workshop on Information Management including ISO 9000 QMS, organized by DRTC Bangalore, January 6th -8th, 1999.
48. National Seminar on Need-based Innovative Programmes for Education and Training of LIS Personnel organized by the Department of Library & Information Science, University of Delhi, March 27th-28th, 1998. Seminar Director.
49. Sixteenth Annual Convention on Access to Electronic Information (SIS-97) organized by Society for Information Science, Bhubhaneswar, January 29th -31st, 1997. Chaired one Technical Session.
Received SATKAL Best Women Librarian Award-2006
1. Member of the Advisory Editorial Board of an International Journal, The Electronic Library, Emerald Group Journal, UK. w.e.f. 2001.
2. Member of the Advisory Editorial Board of an International Journal, The Aslib Proceedings, Emerald Group Journal, UK. w.e.f. 2009.
3. Editor, Journal of Library and Information Science (JLIS), University of Delhi w.e.f. Dec 1998-Dec 2001, 2005-08. Presently member of the Board.
4. Member of Review Committee of Annals of Library & Information Studies (NISCAIR, India).
5. Member of the Editorial Board of International Journal of Information Research, w.e.f. Vol. 1, September 2011.
6. Member of the Editorial Board of Journal of Knowledge & Communication Management, w.e.f. Vol. 1, April 2011.
7. Member of the Editorial Board of DESIDOC Journal of Library and Information Technology (DRDO, Delhi).
1. Member of Reviewing Committee of Annals of Library Science & Information Studies, NISCAIR, since 2006.
Advisory Committees and Boards
1. Member of UGC Expert Committee for UGC NET Syllabus Revision, 2010.
2. Member of NCERT Advisory Committee Board since 2009.
3. Nominated as E Cs Nominee on Governing Body of School of Open Learning for 4 years, w.e.f. 28th June, 2008.
4. UGC Minor and Major Research Projects in 2003/4, 2008, 2009
5. Governing Body of Laxmi Bai College for 4 years w.e.f. 20.11.08
6. Governing Body of Motilal Nehru College for two years w.e.f 14.09.08
7. Governing Body of Kalindi College for three years w.e.f. 25.08. 2008
8. Academic Council, University of Delhi from Dec. 1998 to Dec. 2001 & Dec 2004-Dec 2007.
9. Chandra Shekhar Rao Committee on Recognition of Librarians as Teachers.
10. DUSU Election Monitoring Committee, (Univ. of Delhi), 2002-2003.
11. Managing Committee of University Hostel for Women, 2000-06.
12. Board of Research Studies in Humanities.
13. Chairperson of Syllabi Revision Committee (B Lib Sc and M L I Sc) 2001.
14. NISCAIR Scholarship Award Committee, New Delhi, since 2005, 2007
15. NISCAIR Panel of L I S Expert on 2007-2012
16. Board of Research Committee in Library Science, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, 2001.
17. Academic Research Degree Committee in Library Science, GND University, Amritsar, 2001, 2003 and 2004.
18. Board of Studies in LIS, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, 2002-08.
19. Syllabus Revision Committee of BLISc Course, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, 2002.
20. Course Design Committee for PG Diploma in Library Automation and Networking in IGNOU, New Delhi, 2000.
21. Member Compilation Committee of Dictionary and Glossary of Lib & Info Science under Commission for Scientific and Technical Terminology (CSTT), Min. of Education, Government of India. 2001- 2003.
22. Observer for UGC Net and JRF test held on 26th December, 2004.
23. Subject Expert for Educational Consultants India Ltd (GOI) for LIS, 2001, 2003 and since 2007 till date.
24. Subject Expert on Jammu Public Service Commission, 2004.
25. Subject Expert on R R L Committee, Jammu 2007.
26. Subject Expert on various important bodies.
1. Life Member, Indian Library Association (ILA)
2. Life Member, Indian Association of Special Libraries and Information Centres (IASLIC)
3. Life Member, Indian Association of Teachers in Library Science (IATLIS)
4. Life Member, Association of Government of India Libraries (AGLIS)
5. Life Member, Delhi Library Association (DLA)
6. Life Member, Society for Information Science (SIS)
1. Acted as Subject Expert on A 2 Z TV Channel Career Program on 8th Feb, 2011.
2. Acted as Subject Expert for AIR FM Rainbow Career DIAL Program on 24th May, 2010.
3. Acted as subject Expert for AIR FM Rainbow Career DIAL Program on 11th Feb 2008.
4. Acted as Subject Expert for AIR FM Rainbow Career DIAL Program on 26th Nov, 2007.
5. Conferred with an honorary appointment as a Member to the Research Board of Advisors, The American Biographical Institute, since 2002.
6. Whos Who in the World (Marquis Publications, New Jersey) International Whos Who of Professional and Business Women (The American Biographical Institute).
7. Whos Who in America Ed. 58. 2004. (Marquis Publications, New Jersey).
8. 2000 Outstanding Women of the Twentieth Century (International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England).
9. Asian/American Whos Who (Rifacemento International, New Delhi, India). 2007-- till date