- IAEA/FAO ( Vienna , Austria ) has recognized our research work published in J. Agricultural Food Chemistry 40 (9): 1713-1716 ,1992 "Chemical Release and nature of Soil Bound residues of DDT in soil" and incorporated it as their protocol for Pesticide Residue Analysis in J. Environmental Science and Health B29 (i) 202 : 1994
- Developed bioremediation technology for Endosulfan.
- Research Group : University of Delhi (Lead Centre), IIT, Delhi
(Cooperating Centre) and WTC (Cooperating Centre) has developed a proto-type
bioreactor for Waste Water Treatment in research programme financed by
NFBSFARA (ICAR), New Delhi 2016
- Submitted 45 new gene sequences to GenBank for environmental microbes having accession number.
Two new species have been reported for free living nitrogen fixing bacteria from Himalayan valley.
(i) New species of nitrogen fixing bacterial strain (ptl-3T) as Azospirillum himalayense sp. nov. has been isolated from Himalayan valley The type strain of ptl-3T (CCUG 58760T, KCTC 23189T) has been submitted to two culture collection centers. The accession numbers for 16S rRNA and nifH gene are GQ 284588 and GQ 249665 respectively.
(ii) Pseudacidovorax austerolens sp. nov. is new species of nitrogen fixing bacteria. The type strain is ptl-2T (= CCUG 58759T, = DSM 24877T24 ) has been submitted to two culture collection centre. The GenBank accession numbers for the 16S rRNA and nifH sequence of strain
Pseudacidovorax austerolens ptl-2 are FJ581042 and GQ249664 respectively.
- Synthesized antibiotics and metal complex
(2019) published as
and characterization of antibiotic-metal complexes [FeCl3 (L2) 2H2O and Ni
(NO3) 2 (L1) 2H2O] and enhanced antibacterial activity". Environmental
Nanotechnology, Monitoring & Management, 100209
Awards/Fellowships/Memberships and other achievements /activities
President, Association of Microbiologists of India, April 2021- March 2022
Visitor's Nominee for three years i.e. from 24th August, 2018
Visitor's Nominee for three years i.e. from 20th February, 2018
Member, Training, Research & Academic Council of Wildlife Institute of
India, India i.e. 10.5.2018 for three years.
Member, Wildlife Institute of India - Society for three years with effect from
September 25th, 2017.
Chairperson, Recruitment and Promotion (Teaching), University of Delhi, Delhi,
2016 till present.
Chairperson, Recruitment (Non-Teaching), University of Delhi, Delhi, 2017
of Special Categories Admission Enabling committee (University of Delhi) for
SC/ST/OBC and PH candidates to various undergraduate courses 2016-17
Member, Governing bodies of SRCC, Delhi-7 and Saheed Rajguru College of
Applied Sciences for Women, Delhi, in 2017-18 and 2018-19.
Chairperson, Governing body, Zakir Hussain College, New Delhi, 2019
Member, Task Force Committee : Wealth of India, CSIR-NISCAIR, 2015.
FAMI, 2013 (Fellow Association of Microbiologists of India).
- Expert/Judge for 6th Uttarakhand State Science & Technology Congress , SSJ Campus, Almorah, Kumaun University, November 14-16,2011.
- Joint Secretary, INSCR (Indian Network of Soil Contaminated Research), Nov. 2011-2013.
- Member, Project Evaluation/Review Committee, UCOST, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of Uttarakhand, India , 2011.
- Treasurer, Association of Microbiologists of India, April 2011- March 2014 and for second term 2014-2017.
- Expert/Judge for 5th Uttarakhand State Science & Technology Congress , Doon University, Dehradun, November 10-12,2010.
- Member The National Academy of Sciences, India (M.N.A.Sc.,2008) Allahabad.
- Expert/Judge for 3rd Uttarakhand State Science & Technology Congress , at IIT Roorke November 10-11,2008.
Member review panel for biology video at Consortium for Education Communication (UGC), 2007.
- Executive Editor Indian J. Microbiology (2006 - 2011) .
- Life time member of Association of Microbiologist, India.
- Member American Society for Microbiologist, Washington, DC, USA,
- Member American Chemical Society, USA, 2010-11.
- Member of different academic associations viz. Pesticide Society of India, Entomological Society of India, Life Member of Indian Network for soil contamination research. Indian Chapter of Soil and Contamination Research in Asia and Pacific, Adelaide, Australia.
- Academic Council Member ( elected for two terms), University of Delhi, Delhi, 2002-2004 and 2004-2006.
- Member of different committees in the University and in different organizations.
: Selection/Promotion Committee, Departmental Research Committee, Board of
Research Studies, Purchase Committee.
Member of Board for Biology e-Courses Sakshat MHRD, New Delhi (2006-08).
- Member of Board for development of e-Courses for ACPM by NISCAIR (CSIR), New Delhi.
- Research Associate (University of Delhi) in higher scale (1993-1996).
- UGC NET Qualified, 1986