Neelima Gupta has over 25 years experience in UG and PG teaching in University of Delhi. Currently she is a Professor in Department of Computer Science at the same university. She did her Doctorate in Computer Science in 1998, M.Tech. in Computer Applications in 1989 and M.Sc. in Mathematics in 1987 all from IIT Delhi. She did her Bachelor's degree in Maths Honors from Hindu College, University of Delhi in 1985. Prior coming to teaching she had briefly worked with HCL Technologies in 1989. She has published several papers in reputed journals and conferences. Her current areas of interest include approximation algorithms, bio-informatics and routing in adhoc networks.
Awards and Distinctions
- NBHM scholarship from 1985 -1987
- GATE scholarship from 1987 - 1989
- Declined University Scholarship for scoring second rank in University in favour of NBHM
- Since Dec 2006, Professor, University of Delhi, Teaching & Research
- Mar 2002 - Dec 2006, Associate Professor, University of Delhi, Teaching & Research
- Sept 1989 - Mar 2002, Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader Hansraj College (Univ. of Delhi), Teaching.
- Feb 1989 - Sept 1989, S/W Engineer S/W Development HCL Technologies.
At Post-Graduate Level:
- Head of the Department From October 2008 to October 2011, highlights include:
- Implementation of educational reforms including semester scheme, revision of syllabi.
- Initiatives for under -privileged students including - arranging course fee concession, holding remedial classes, and arranging almost free computers for them.
- Member Apex committee and special Invitee to Standing Committee to design guidelines for the implementation of semester scheme at UG level.
- Coordinator for Admissions related confidential work for several years.
- Placement Advisor for several years.
- Member, University Network Purchase Committee.
At Undergradute Level:
- Teacher-In-Charge at the Department of Computer Science, Hansraj College for several years.
- Coordinator in College admission for several years.
- Convener of Science admissions for one year.
Association With Professional Bodies
- Member, ACM SIGACT.
- Member, ACM SIGcomm.
- Member, ACM SIGkdd.
- Member, ISCB.