AddressCentre for Advanced Studies in Linguistics
University of Delhi
Email: tanmoy at linguistics dot du dot ac dot in
Phone: +91-11-27666676 ext 108
Office HoursFri 2:30-5:00
And by appointment
Tanmoy Bhattacharya (PhD, UCL, 1999 as a Commonwealth Scholar) came to the University of Delhi in 2001 after a postdoctoral stint as a research scientist in the Cognitive Science Group of the University of Leipzig, Germany. He specilises in Syntax and has guided research on Sign Language, Psycholinguistics, Parsing, Conversational Analysis, Sociolinguistics, Gender and Disability. He is also the founder secretary of FOSSSIL. Outside of Linguistics, he works in Disability Studies.
- Sign Languages(s) of India, Orient Blackswan, 2014.
- Sign Iconicity and New Epistemologies, in The Sign Language(s) of India by Tanmoy Bhattacharya et al; Orient BlackSwan, Delhi (2014)
- Legislation and Policies in relation to Sign Language and Sign Language Rights, (with Surinder Randhawa)in The Sign Language(s) of India by Tanmoy Bhattacharya et al; Orient BlackSwan, Delhi (2014)
- Sluicing in Indo-Aryan: An investigation of Bangla and Hindi, (with Andrew Simpson) Sluicing in a cross-linguistic perspective, OUP(2012)
- Transdisciplinarity and the Biopolitics of New Genetics, Review of Schramm, Katharina; Skinner, David; Rottenburg, Richard, eds., Identity Politics and the New Genetics: Re/Creating Categories of Difference and Belonging. H-Disability, H-Net Reviews. (December, 2012)
- Diagnosing double object constructions in Bangla/Bengali , (with Andrew Simpson) Lingua 121.6, 2011
- Space-Machine, (with Hidam Gourshyam) Proceedings of Episteme 4, Homi Bhaba Centre for Science, Mumbai, 2011
- The politics of multiculturalism, (with H. Basantarani) Problematizing Language Studies, ed. By Imtiaz Hasnain and Shreesh Choudhary; AAKAR Books, Delhi, 169-184, 2010
- Re-examining Issue of Inclusion in Education, Economic and Political Weekly of India, 17th April, 2010